Le Fin

Friday, April 27, 2007

And thus a long week finally draws to a close. After handing my Metabolism midterm in, I officially lost all ability to concentrate on any of my classes. I suppose three hours of sleep will do that to you? Dev Psych and Anth passed by in a blur and then I trekked home to meet Jess to go grocery shopping. I accidentally discovered an Indian grocery store on my way to the market so I may stop by there sometime next week because PSP is having an Ethnic dinner and I'm going to need a ton of spices if I'm making anything Indian.

I just got back from going out with a whole bunch of my friends. We surprised Jess with Dinner at The Melting Pot for her 21st Birthday. If you've never heard of TMP, it's a classy little fondue restaurant. There's one down in Center City but we couldn't get reservations until 9 p.m. there so we drove to the one in Chestnut Hill which is about 20 minutes away. We got two gigantic vats of cheese and a whole ton of bread, apples, and vegetables to eat with them. Once that was done, salad showed up which was pretty good, even if the dressing was a tad bit on the sweet size. The best part was dessert--CHOCOLATE fondue. We had two different kinds, one was milk chocolate mixed with Bailey's and the other was a Turtley mixture (milk chocolate with caramel and walnuts). SO GOOD. They gave us strawberries, bananas, pineapples, pound cake, brownies, and marshmallows as dippers. In the words of Rachael Ray, "yum-O." So I'm utterly full. And satisfied. Chestnut Hill is a cute little town, I kinda want to go back to go exploring someday. We passed this place called the TrolleyCar Diner on the way to TMP so we've decided to go back there some day. I <3 mini-adventures.

And now I've got to change and head back out. I'm celebrating the end of a loooong week with some of my favorite girls!! Good times are to be had.

0 comments: